Friday, March 21, 2008

Another Seizure.......

You just never know how someday's will end up.  Wednesday night we were sitting down getting ready for dinner and I look up because I hear Logan "talking" and I realized he is having another seizure.  I tell Tim to pick him up and put him on the carpet so he will not hurt himself. During all of this Logan's eyes have rolled back and he is holding his arms to his chest, his lips are turning blue, he is not aware of anything going on, he is talking but you can't understand a word of it.  We are scared to death.  I get 911 on the phone and they dispatch the fire truck to our house which feels like forever.  They take him to Banner Desert and the care at the hospital was not helpful at all.  Note to everyone if you have a child with an emergency take them to Phoenix Children's if you can.  The ER doctor call the Neurologist and he decided to put him on Keppra and sent us home.  With not to many instructions about what to do next.  
So for the past 2 days I have been trying to be on the computer and phone trying to figure out our next step.  So I have gotten Logan's records and have faxed them to a neurologist hoping they will see us soon.  
I am so sad for this little guy.  I know he is going to be okay this is just hard for our family to go through since we never know when he will have another one.  And just the image of him having the seizure makes me very sad and upset.  I am stressed about him going to school, riding his bike, being a 5 year old.  But, I know he needs to be as normal as possible and I will do my best to let him be 5.  
I will keep everyone updated............

No comments: